Friday, September 11, 2009

Home - Gegax Advisors

I came across this blog post by my friend Tom Gegax with regard to executive pay.  This blog post was written on June 12, 2009, and I am somewhat embarrassed that I did not read this before.  That being said, I think it has more relevance now, than it did when it was written.  After all, just 3 quarters after Henry Paulson gave his Dr. Evil speech " I need 1 Trillion Dollars or we are all going to die," Goldman Sachs, which received 10 billion dollars of TARP money was giving out over 1000 bonuses in excess of $1,000,000.00. 

Those are do not study history are doomed to repeat it, but this isn't history.  For g-ds sake, it isn't even recent history.  It is the present.  Corporate America has an addiction, I would call it "greed" but I almost agree with Gordon Gecko in that greed is good.  Greed, when properly directed, can lead to innovation, improvement of processes, advancement of technology.  This isn't greed, it is a pathology need for money you aren't entitled to.

As a bankruptcy attorney, many of these businesses will no doubt wind up in my office.  Maybe I should follow the pathology of the CEO's and encourage this type of behavior.  Then again, it has to stop somewhere.

Home - Gegax Advisors

No comments:

Post a Comment