Thursday, May 28, 2009

U.S. taxpayers soon may be General Motors' new owners | McClatchy

New report from McClatchy has the government owning the majority of GM.   I speculated about this yesterday, and was not surprised that the reports today was that I my unsupported theory was wrong and the company was going to remain privately owned.  Now, it seems, the reports are  mixed.  I am skeptical of both reports, and would probably believe that neither report is accurate.  Moreover, I believe that the government is probably keeping its options open.  I really wish that there was some high powered Bankruptcy talent in the Obama administration, but wall street generally doesn't like to mingle with skid row; even in the corporate side which they consider vulture capitalists--like venture capitalist are Eagles are something.  I will keep an eye on this story, and will update it as news comes in.

U.S. taxpayers soon may be General Motors' new owners | McClatchy

No comments:

Post a Comment